Welcome to the Coal Authority's Electronic Forms
In order to continue to provide a secure service the Coal Authority’s permit application service has applied a stricter use of modern encryption. This will mean that some older browsers will be unable to connect. We recommend for your own security that you are running an up to date browser.
We have made changes to the online permit application form, whereby each section of the form will need to be completed before allowing you to progress to the following section. This means that you will not be able to partly complete sections and return to them at a later date while continuing to complete other sections. You will, however, still be able to save your form and return to it from your ‘My Requests’ section of the site.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permitting team by email at email@example.com
Please be aware of the following changes to our service
The proposed update to the permit application fees has been postponed until further notice.
As of Tuesday 31 March 2020, due to the planned restructuring to the permit application services and a reduction in resource levels due to the COVID-19 situation:
- the expedited permit service is withdrawn until further notice
- significant variations to existing permits will require a new permit
- the maximum permit determination time of 4 weeks is no longer guaranteed
- the advice of the HSE will be taken into account when dealing with retrospective applications
- it would greatly assist if applications are complete and include full details as outlined in our guidance, including an accurate works start date
Thank you for your cooperation on these matters. The COVID-19 situation has resulted in changes to the way the Coal Authority operates, to align with Government advice. To assist with these changes we request that wherever possible all correspondence are submitted electronically. We cannot guarantee that paper submissions will be responded to until further notice. Further information available from our groundstability website.